Information from G Adventures
The only way to get around the multiple islands of the Galápagos is by boat, so why not add a few days on land to get the entire Galápagos experience? This extension tacks on additional land time to your Galápagos cruise in order to give you as full an adventure as possible. From snorkelling with sea lions to spotting reef sharks to volcano and lava field hikes, this trip makes your excursion to Darwin’s playground a complete experience from start to finish.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Arrival transfer
- Charles Darwin Research Station visit
- Floreana swimming, snorkelling and Highlands excursion
- Visit the Isabela Flamingo Lagoon
- Visit "Wall of Tears" monument
- Sierra Negra Volcano hike and lava fields walk
- Isabela Giant Tortoise Breeding Centre visit
- Isabela Municipal Tax
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Observe incredible wildlife up close and in person with an expert local guide
- Snorkel and swim amongst unique sea life
- Hike an active volcano and walk across lava fields
- Visit small island towns and meet the locals
Day 1: Seymour Airport/Puerto Ayora Transfer to the hotel and meet the local CEO.
Day 2: Puerto Ayora/Floreana Island Travel by speed boat to Floreana Island and the seaside lodge. Enjoy guided walks to observe the bird and animal life and learn about the natural history of the island. Opportunities for swimming and snorkelling.
Day 3: Floreana Island/Isabela Island After a tranquil night in the secluded lodge, head up to the seldom-visited highlands of Floreana. Later, continue by speedboat to Isabela Island and take a walk to Flamingo Lagoon, a flamingo breeding ground.
Day 4: Isabela Island Hike up the active Sierra Negra Volcano and walk around the rim of the second-largest volcanic crater in the world. Continue to the lava fields of Volcano Chico and enjoy lunch, admiring views of the surrounding volcanoes and islands.
Day 5: Isabela Island Visit the Giant Tortoise Breeding Centre. Later, opt to take a wildlife boat excursion to 'Islote Tintoreras' to view breeding whitetip reef sharks, marine iguanas, blue-footed boobies, rays, and penguins.
Day 6: Isabela Island/Puerto Ayora Travel by speed boat back to Santa Cruz Island and spend a free evening shopping or exploring the town of Puerto Ayora.
Day 7: Puerto Ayora End of tour.