US dollar ($)
Budget: Less than $40
- Budget guesthouses: $10–20 per person
- Set lunches: $2.50–3.50
- One-day bike rental for trip from Baños to Puyo: $10
- Double room in midrange hotel: $40–90
- Dinner for two in a good restaurant: $20–30
- Climbing, cycling and bird-watching tours: $60–80
- Jungle lodges: from $175 for four days
Top end: More than $100
- Galápagos tour: from $300
- Top Amazon lodges: around $400
- Haciendas on Cotopaxi: from $100
Bargaining at outdoor markets is standard practice; at shops where prices are marked, this is not the case, although you may be able to make a deal when buying multiple items. Prices for long-distance taxis and independently hired canoes are negotiable. In all cases, friendly and polite negotiation is key (but you knew that).
Banco del Pacifico Has an ATM, just a short stroll from the pier.