When to Go
High Season (Jun–Sep)
- Sunny, clear days in the highlands; less rain in the Oriente.
- December to April is high season on the coast: expect warm temperatures and periodic showers.
- January to May is high season in the Galápagos.
- Make hotel reservations in advance.
Shoulder Season (Oct–Nov)
- Cooler temperatures, more showers (usually sun in the morning and rain in the afternoon) in the highlands.
Low Season (Dec–May)
- Cooler, rainier days in the highlands.
- June to December is low season in the Galápagos, with cooler, drier weather and rougher seas.
- Low season is April to July in the Oriente, when heavy rains are common.