US dollar ($)
Budget: Less than $40
- Budget guesthouses: $10–20 per person
- Set lunches: $2.50–3.50
- One-day bike rental for trip from Baños to Puyo: $10
- Double room in midrange hotel: $40–90
- Dinner for two in a good restaurant: $20–30
- Climbing, cycling and bird-watching tours: $60–80
- Jungle lodges: from $175 for four days
Top end: More than $100
- Galápagos tour: from $300
- Top Amazon lodges: around $400
- Haciendas on Cotopaxi: from $100
Bargaining at outdoor markets is standard practice; at shops where prices are marked, this is not the case, although you may be able to make a deal when buying multiple items. Prices for long-distance taxis and independently hired canoes are negotiable. In all cases, friendly and polite negotiation is key (but you knew that).
Banco Bolivariano, Banco de Guayaquil and Banco Pichincha all have ATMs in town.