Swazi lilangeni (plural emalangeni, E)
Budget: Less than E1000
- Campsite in a nature reserve: E130
- Hostel dorm bed: from E160
- Main in a budget restaurant: less than E75
- Hour-long shared-taxi ride: E50
- Double room in a standard hotel: E700–1400
- Main in a midrange restaurant: E75–150
- Guided wildlife drive: E350
- Non-shared taxi from Mbabane to Ezulwini: E150–180
Top end: More than E1800
- Double room in a high-end hotel: over E1400
- Main in a top-end restaurant: over E150
- Car hire per day: E300
- Full-day cultural tour: from E950
Friendly haggling is common in the markets, though in all other instances you are expected to pay the stated price.
ATMs are common throughout eSwatini. Cards might not be accepted in rural spots so keep a small stash of cash handy.
eSwatini's currency is the lilangeni (plural emalangeni, E), divided into 100 cents. It is fixed at a value equal to the South African rand. Rand are accepted everywhere, though you will invariably be given emalangeni in change.
- Restaurants Wages are low in eSwatini, and tipping is expected – 10% to 15%.
For current exchange rates, see www.xe.com