Lonely Planet (www.lonelyplanet.com/dominica) Destination information, hotel bookings, traveler forum and more.
Discover Dominica (www.dominica.dm) Official tourist office site.
Visit Dominica (www.visit-dominica.com) Bit dated but still worthwhile.
Lennox Honychurch (www.lennoxhonychurch.com) Cultural resources and history by island's preeminent historian.
A Virtual Dominica (www.avirtualdominica.com) Private site filled with useful information.
Dominica Traveller (www.dominicatraveller.com) Online presence of the annual magazine available for free throughout the island.
What to Take
- Multi-plug adapter
- Bug repellent, sunblock and sun hat.
- Plastic resealable bags for keeping phones, passports and other items dry on boat trips, hikes or in the rain
- Prescription medicines
- A mask and a snorkel to save on rental costs
- Broken-in hiking shoes
- A small day pack
What to Wear
Dominica is a totally unpretentious place; even in higher-end places, smart-casual attire is the norm. Bring plenty of loose-fitting cotton clothing and sturdy and broken-in shoes for the hiking trail.
A thin waterproof jacket that you can easily slip over your clothes and then pack away again is useful for the tropical downpours. Also bring a sweater as it can get quite cold in the higher elevations. A hat is essential when spending time in the sun.
- Make sure your passport is valid for at least six months past your arrival date.
- Check the airline baggage restrictions.
- Inform your debit-/credit-card company of where you'll be traveling.
- Arrange for travel insurance.