When to Go
High Season (mid-Jun–mid-Aug)
- Long daylight hours, with A-list concerts, festivals and theme parks in full swing.
- Busy camping grounds, beaches, sights and transport.
- Accommodation prices peak.
Shoulder (May–mid-Jun, mid-Aug–Sep)
- A good time to travel, with generally mild weather and lighter crowds.
- Spring offers local produce, flowers and a few festivals.
- Autumn has golden landscapes and cosy nights.
Low Season (Oct–Apr)
- Cool and wet with short daylight hours, but hygge (cosiness) is in full swing.
- Big cities have Christmas lights, ice-skating rinks and gløgg (mulled wine).
- Reduced hours for sights; outdoor attractions closed.