Hjørring is well served by regional buses operated by Nordjyllands Trafikselskab (NT; www.nordjyllandstrafikselskab.dk), with services to many parts of northern Jutland. The bus station is beside the train station.
Hjørring is 34km west of Frederikshavn on Rte 35 and 18km south of Hirtshals on Rte 55 or the E39.
Hjørring is on the Aarhus–Frederikshavn DSB train line and is also the terminus of a short private train line to Hirtshals. Destinations by train (services run at least hourly) include:
- Aalborg (80kr, 40 minutes)
- Aarhus (232kr, two hours)
- Frederikshavn (50kr, 30 minutes)
- Hirtshals (32kr, 22 minutes)
- Skagen (60kr, 1¼ hours) Change trains at Frederikshavn.