Sights

The village has some wonderful examples of traditional stone buildings, now mostly held (and used) by the municipality. Look out for examples like the police station (built by the British) near the Troödos Visitor Centre, the old gymnasium (now the Platres Hospital) 600m south of the village centre, the two-storey community council offices, and the well-kept building of the Electricity Authority, built in 1930 using local stone.