When to Go
High Season (Jun–Aug)
- Accommodation books out; prices increase by up to 30%.
- Beach resorts are crowded, especially with families.
- Marked increase in local tourism.
- Temperatures can reach up to 40°C inland (30°C to 35°C on the coast).
Shoulder (Mar–May & Sep–Oct)
- Ideal time to travel; pleasant weather and fewer crowds.
- Perfect for outdoor activities, particularly hiking and cycling in the Troödos.
- April and May display a dazzle of wildflowers inland.
Low Season (Nov–Feb)
- Skiing in the Troödos.
- Can be wet and cool or pleasantly mild.
- Some hotels and restaurants in the main resorts close for winter.