Netherlands Antillean guilder (NAf)
Budget: Less than US$80
- Double room in a budget hotel: US$60–100
- Street food and snack trucks: US$8–12
- Bus: US$2
- Beach: free–US$3.50
- Double room in a midrange hotel: US$100–200
- Two-course dinner with drink: US$20–40
- Economy car rental: US$32
- Museum or park admission: US$10–15
Top End: More than US$200
- Double room in a top-end hotel: US$200 and up
- Three-course dinner with drinks US$50–100
- Midrange car rental: US$40
- Two-tank dive: US$100
Bargaining is not an accepted custom in Curaçao.
ATMs are widely available, dispensing US dollars (US$) and Netherlands Antillean guilders (NAf). Credit cards are accepted at most hotels and restaurants.
Although the island's official currency is the Netherland Antillean guilder (NAf), prices are often quoted in US dollars and you can pay for just about everything in US currency. You might get change back in guilders.
Bars & restaurants For good service, tip 15% to 20% (sometimes included in the bill).
Resorts Usually includes a 12% service charge on the bill.
Taxis A 10% tip is usual.
Tour Guides Tip US$10 for a half-day outing.