Cuban convertibles (CUC$) and Cuban pesos (MN$; moneda nacional).
Budget: Less than CUC$70
- Casas particulare: CUC$25–35
- Meal in government-run restaurant: CUC$10–15
- Museum entry: CUC$1–5
Midrange: CUC $70–140
- Mid-range hotel: CUC$50–100
- Meal in paladar (private restaurant): CUC$15–25
- Víazul bus travel: Havana–Trinidad CUC$25
Top End: More than CUC$140
- Resort or historic hotel: CUC$200-300
- Car hire or taxi: CUC$60–70
- Evening cabaret: CUC$35–60
Cuba’s socialist economy doesn’t have a history of bargaining, though there may be some room for maneuver on prices at private enterprise markets.
In Varadero, European visitors can pay for hotels and meals in euros. If you change money at your hotel front desk, you'll sacrifice 1% more than at a bank.
Banco de Ahorro Popular ATM.