Information from G Adventures
The Balkan Peninsula is full of hidden gems waiting to be discovered. Journey along the stunning Dalmatian coast of Croatia, discover the dramatic history of Sarajevo with a local war historian, and soak in the serenity of Montenegro’s Bay of Kotor. Whether you’re traveling for the food, the history, the culture, or the nature, this adventure has it all.
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Siege of Sarajevo Tour, Sarajevo Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Agroturizam Experience, Dubrovnik Your G for Good Moment: DEŠA Women's Centre Visit, Dubrovnik Local Life: Traditional Peka Dinner, Zagreb
- Plitviče Lakes National Park walk
- Traditional peka dinner
- Split orientation walk around Diocletian's Palace
- Excursion to Mostar visiting the Stari Most (Old Bridge)
- Kotor orientation walk
- Dubrovnik city wall walk
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Visit the stunning plitvice lakes national park
- Explore the ancient town of mostar and the stari most (old bridge)
- Take a tour of the "tunnel of life" in sarajevo
- Spend a couple days on the bay of kotor.
Day 1: Zagreb Arrive at any time.
Day 2: Zagreb/Plitvice Lakes National Park Enjoy an excursion to Plitviče Lakes National Park with a local guide and learn about the diverse wildlife and unique bird population. This evening, enjoy a traditional peka (baked vegetable and meat dish) dinner cooked on hot coals.
Day 3: Plitvice Lakes National Park/Split Continue on to Split. In the early evening, take a guided walk around the Diocletian Palace, one of the most imposing Roman ruins in Europe.
Day 4: Split Enjoy free time to explore this charming seaside town.
Day 5: Split/Sarajevo Travel to Mostar. Walk in the ancient town, visiting the famed Stari Most (Old Bridge), then continue to Sarajevo for the evening.
Day 6: Sarajevo Learn about the Siege of Sarajevo from a local expert who lived through it. Visit the Tunnel of Hope and Trebević Mountain, and gain insight into how the people of this city moved beyond conflict. After, visit a market and enjoy a local lunch with your CEO.
Day 7: Sarajevo Enjoy a free day to explore at your leisure.
Day 8: Sarajevo/Kotor Cross over to Montenegro for two days on the Bay of Kotor. Opt to visit the Roman mosaics in Risan, take a leisurely stroll in Perast and the islands, or go sea kayaking in the spectacular bay.
Day 9: Kotor Enjoy a free day to explore.
Day 10: Kotor/Dubrovnik Visit a family-run agroturizam villa surrounded by Mediterranean gardens and sweeping views of the Adriatic. Meet our local host then enjoy a traditional lunch of local ham, cheeses, and wine. Continue to Dubrovnik, the "Pearl of the Adriatic," and walk the old city walls. Also visit G Adventures supported DEŠA, a women's non-profit, founded to empower women in the area. Learn about their work to preserve traditional foods, handicrafts and local business.
Day 11: Dubrovnik Enjoy a free day to explore the old town fortifications or take a boat trip to one of the nearby islands. The red roofs of the old city make for spectacular photos, and the seaside cafés serve up delicious seafood.
Day 12: Dubrovnik Depart at any time.