Budget: Less than 400KN
- Dorm bed: 190–240KN
- Pizza or pasta: 40–70KN
- Short bus journey: 11KN
- Double room in a midrange hotel: 450–900KN
- Lunch and dinner in local restaurants: 70–120KN
- Admission to museums: 20–42KN
Top end: More than 1300KN
- Double room in a luxury hotel: 900–3600KN
- A day's car hire: 450KN
- Meal in a top restaurant: 150–300KN
Some gentle haggling might save you a few kuna at a market stall; in all other instances you’re expected to pay the stated price.
You can change money at travel agencies or at any post office. There are ATMs around the bus and train stations and throughout the city.