When to Go
High Season (Jul & Aug)
- Peak season brings the best weather. Hvar Island gets the most sun, followed by Split, Korčula Island and Dubrovnik.
- Prices are at their highest and coastal destinations at their busiest.
Shoulder (May–Jun & Sep)
- A great time to visit the coast: the Adriatic is warm enough for swimming, the crowds are sparser and prices are lower.
- In spring and early summer, the maestral (strong, steady westerly wind) makes for great sailing.
Low Season (Oct–Apr)
- Winters are cold, prices are low and ferry schedules are reduced.
- Christmas brings a buzz to Zagreb's streets, even with the snow, plus there's skiing.