Getting There & Away
- Split has a major international airport and there's also a very minor one on the island of Brač.
- Split is also the main ferry hub, with overnight services to/from Ancona in Italy, some of which also stop in Stari Grad on Hvar.
- Jadrolinija has ferries to Split from the Southern Dalmatian islands of Lastovo and Korčula, and from Dubrovnik in summer.
- In the warmer months Kapetan Luka has high-speed catamarans between Dubrovnik and Split, stopping in Makarska and on the islands of Mljet, Korčula, Hvar and Brač.
- Buses head to Split and other mainland cities from as far away as Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Bosnia and Serbia, and from the Croatian cities of Zagreb, Pula, Rijeka, Zadar and Dubrovnik.
- Split has the only useful train connections, with direct services to Knin and Zagreb.