Information from Viator
Discover the outstanding beauty of Plitvice Lakes, UNESCO World Heritage Site and the most famous Croatian tourist attraction. Enjoy the train ride and pleasant boat cruise across the lakes with breathtaking views. Let the professional tour guide show you the whole park area with series of 16 beautiful lakes and lot of waterfalls in unique and untouched nature.
Meet your tour guide at main meeting point or at your hotel to start the full day tour to National Park Plitvice Lakes. With comfortable, air-conditioned minivan or bus ride through the countryside towards this unique Croatian jewel you just need to sit back, relax and listen to your tour guide's interesting stories about the park and Croatia. The unity and harmony of the 16 lakes and their rare natural and cultural value is not only famous throughout Croatia, but also worldwide; earning this remarkable national park a coveted place on UNESCO's list of World Heritage sites. Arriving at Plitvice, you'll walk through these ancient woodlands led by your experienced guide. The guide will show you the whole park walking through the breathtaking nature and taking a tram and boat ride with nice panoramic views. Walking on cca 5 km route, make sure you have comfortable shoes for walking and extra battery for camera as you`ll have lot of photo opportunities. The path takes you across Gornja Jezera (Upper Lakes), and then it's time for a magical boat ride within the sound of the waterfalls to Donja Jezera (Lower Lakes). Wherever you are in Pltivice's it's easy to see why its travertine marble formations are such an extraordinary natural phenomenon. The barriers, sills and other forms created in these lakes, karst rivers and streams is still an ongoing process that shapes the wonderful landscapes that make your walk through the park so enjoyable. Its these same travertine formations that have and are still creating the numerous magnificent waterfalls here. Over time, the water changes its course, leaving some barriers dry as it deposits new layers elsewhere. This constant evolution makes the Plitvice Lakes never look the same. The best way to actually see this happening is when you are standing in front of the Great falls, 78 meters high. The roaring thunder of the water as it hits the ground is unforgettable!Your journey ends with a panoramic train ride. Afterward, the guide will suggest nearby local restaurant for an optional lunch to try some local food specialties. After a memorable day in such spectacular forests and lakes you will return to Split or Trogir on the original start point.Itinerary07:30 / 7:50 Departure from Split / Trogir11:30 – 15:30 Guided sightseeing of Plitvice Lakes16:00 – 17:00 Time for lunch in a local tavern20:00 / 20:30 Arrival in Trogir / Split* 7:20 voucher check in SplitPossibly the itinerary may be adjusted due to the traffic, flooded trails or bad weather conditions in the park.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport with air conditioned comfortable passenger mini van or bus
- Official English speaking tour guide
- Road tolls and parking
- All taxes and VAT
- 07:30 / 07:50 Departure from Split / Trogir
- 11:30 – 15:30 Guided sightseeing of Plitvice Lakes
- 16:00 – 17:00 Time for lunch in a local tavern
- 20:00 – 20:30 Arrival in Split / Trogir
- 7:20h voucher check in Split
- Possibly the itinerary may be adjusted due to the traffic, flooded trails or bad weather conditions in the park.
- Entry/Admission - Plitvice Lakes National Park
What's not included
- Food and drinks (available to purchase)
- Optional: Our guests will have the opportunity to have a lunch (choosing between 6 menus of traditional dishes) in a local restaurant with special prices (10 - 15
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All entrance fees included
- Fully narrated tour
- Excellent value for money