go to content go to search box go to global site navigation

Working and volunteering


International Citizen Service (ICS; www.volunteerics.org) is a UK-based organisation that offers volunteering projects for 18-to-25-year-olds. Websites such as African Volunteer Network (www.african-volunteer.net) list a wide range of volunteer projects available.


Individuals moving to work in Côte d'Ivoire will need a work permit, which is obtained through the employer. If you change jobs within Côte d'Ivoire, your work permit will need to be renewed with each new employer.

Want to Live & Work in Côte d'Ivoire Teaching English? Partner Content

If you’d like to spend more time in Côte d'Ivoire than a vacation allows, experiencing what it’s like to live and make a difference to the local community, it’s all possible by Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) with i-to-i TEFL. No previous teaching experience or local language knowledge is necessary. Get your free i-to-i TEFL e-book now to find out more about TEFL, what TEFL jobs are available and how it can get you exploring the globe...

Get your free TEFL e-book and find out how to start a new life in Côte d'Ivoire