Information from G Adventures
Think you know Costa Rica? Trade in the same old settings for the real deal. Trek into the heart of the jungle to live with three families in a remote village. Discover the emerald core of a diverse land while bunking down behind a massive waterfall in a hidden cave. Learn about the medicinal plants native to these parts and how to make sugarcane candy. This is a spectacular country with opportunities for waterfall rappelling, surfing, and whitewater rafting. This is what adventure is all about.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group Your Foodie Moment: Bread Making, Piedras Blancas Your Foodie Moment: Chocolate Making, Piedras Blancas
- Hiking excursion to Piedras Blancas (4 days)
- Overnight hiking excursion to Diamante Verde Cave
- Waterfall rappelling
- Whitewater rafting on the Savegre River
- Trapiche demonstration
- Ballena Marine National Park visit
- Free time in Dominical and Uvita
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Trek into a remote community to live with the locals
- Sleep in a cave behind twin waterfalls
- Make your own sugarcane candy
- Rappel down hidden waterfalls
- Whitewater raft on the savegre river.
Day 1: San José Arrive at any time.
Day 2: San José/San Isidro Travel by local bus over the highest mountain pass in the country. Arrive in the valley of San Isidro de El General and take a walk in the main plaza.
Day 3: San Isidro/Piedras Blancas Embark on a three-day, three-night excursion with a locally owned and operated adventure company to the community of Piedras Blancas, found in the heart of the Zona de los Santos region.
Day 4: Piedras Blancas Experience life in a remote community in and around a local family farm.
Day 5: Piedras Blancas Travel across the Savegre River to the next homestay with an included medicinal plant walk.
Day 6: Piedras Blancas/Dominical Raft the Savegre River and relax at the end of the day by stretching out on the beach. Try the local seafood at an optional group dinner.
Day 7: Dominical Enjoy a free day in beautiful Dominical. Take a surf lesson, hike to a local waterfall for a swim, go on a whale watching cruise, or kick back and relax.
Day 8: Dominical/Diamante Verde Trek to a unique fully equipped cave with twin 26m (85 ft) waterfalls. Go swimming in three natural pools and explore surrounding trails.
Day 9: Diamante Verde/Uvita Enjoy a morning of waterfall rappelling before trekking out of the jungle and travelling to beautiful seaside Uvita. Opt to surf, whale-watch, horseback-ride or kick back and relax.
Day 10: Uvita Spend the morning swimming, relaxing, and watching humpback whales off the coast of Ballena Marine National Park, before enjoying free time in Uvita.
Day 11: Uvita/San José Transfer back to the capital for a final evening with the group.
Day 12: San José Depart at any time.