Information from G Adventures
Short on time but need more of Costa Rica? Tortuguero National Park, a remote coastal town only accessible by boat or small plane, is the place for you. Travel from San José through banana plantations to the Caribbean Coast where you'll catch a boat to Tortuguero. Spend three days exploring the canals, beaches, and jungles of this pristine nature reserve in search of turtles, birds, caiman, and, if you are lucky, the famous "Jesus Lizard."
- Arrival transfer
- Guided hikes and boat tours in Tortuguero National Park
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Cruise the canals in search of wildlife
- Hike through the pristine environment of tortuguero national park
- Search for sea turtles when in season
Day 1: San José Arrive at any time, arrival transfer included.
Day 2: San José/Tortuguero Travel to Tortuguero National Park and enjoy guided boat trips and wildlife viewing within the canals and coastal jungle. In leisure time, relax at the secluded lodge or take an optional nocturnal animal-spotting boat excursion in the evening.
Day 3: Tortuguero Enjoy a guided boat trip and jungle walk in search of caiman, monkeys (spider, howler, and white-faced Capuchin), sloths, and basilisk lizards.
Day 4: Tortuguero/San José Head back to San José after breakfast. Tour ends on arrival.