Information from G Adventures
Head for the hills! Costa Rica's backbone of mountains and volcanoes hold some of its greatest treasures. The area around Arenal Volcano has adrenaline sports galore; enjoy the luxury of volcano-heated hot springs once the day's over. Join a guided tour of the Caño Negro wetlands, heading the next day for the cool hills of the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve. Explore this unique ecosystem, famous for its biodiversity, and spot hummingbirds in a thick forest studded with tiny orchids.
- Your Wellness Moment: Hot Springs Soak, La Fortuna
- Arrival transfer
- Coffee Plantation Tour
- Visit to Poas Volcano and La Paz Waterfall Gardens
- Visit a hot springs resort including dinner
- Guided tour of Caño Negro Wetlands
- Guided walk through the Santa Elena Cloud Forest Reserve
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Spot wildlife around the waters of the caño negro wetlands
- Hike through the misty cloud forest
- Soak in the blissful thermal hot springs of arenal
Day 1: San José Arrive at any time and transfer to hotel.
Day 2: San José/La Fortuna Enjoy a tour of a coffee farm, visit Poas Volcano and the La Paz Waterfall gardens on your way to the Arenal area. Chill out and relax in the evening with a visit to nearby hot springs.
Day 3: La Fortuna Charge up your camera, bring your binoculars, and set off to spot a variety of birds, reptiles, insects and other animals on a guided tour of Caño Negro Wildlife Refuge.
Day 4: La Fortuna/Monteverde Transfer to the mountain community of Monteverde and the cloud forest. Opt to visit the cheese factory or butterfly gardens.
Day 5: Monteverde Head off to the biological reserve for a guided trek through the lush, thriving cloud forest. The rest of the afternoon and evening are free for you to enjoy.
Day 6: Monteverde/San José Transfer to San José airport or hotel.