Information from G Adventures
Where can you find world-famous coffee, surfing, and snorkelling? Well, technically this is a trick question because Costa Rica and Panama can both raise their hands for this one. This 16-day tour combines the best of activity hubs like Boquete and La Fortuna, with time to chill – or test your board skills – at the beach. From rainforests to the Panama Canal, this is the perfect Central America intro (or refresher) that’ll give your wallet a breather.
- Your G for Good Moment: Mi Cafecito Coffee Cooperative Tour, Sarapiquí Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group Your Wellness Moment: Hot Springs, Arenal Volcano Your Discover Moment: La Fortuna Your Discover Moment: Monteverde Your Discover Moment: Quepos Your Discover Moment: Boquete
- Guided cloud forest night walk (Monteverde)
- Free time in La Fortuna, Monteverde, and Quepos
- Beach time in Bocas del Toro
- Panama Canal visit
- Miraflores Locks and museum visit
- Internal flights
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Soak in the thermal hot springs of arenal volcano
- Watch the sunset over the pacific
- Learn about coffee production and support a local community
- Stare out into the crystal-blue caribbean waters in bocas del toro
- Take in the crisp air of the lush green highlands in boquete
- Explore the panama canal.
Day 1: San José Arrive at any time.
Day 2: San José/La Fortuna Drive to Sarapiquí to visit the G Adventures-supported Mi Cafecito Community Coffee Plantation. Learn about the impact this project has had on the community and sample some of the products they sell. Continue on to the Arenal region and take advantage of a free afternoon and a full free day tomorrow to experience the adventure activities and natural wonders of the area. Enjoy an included relaxing soak in the local hot springs.
Day 3: La Fortuna Free day in La Fortuna. Experience the outdoor adventures, amazing wildlife and natural wonders in this area. There are enough activities here to keep you busy all day long.
Day 4: La Fortuna/Monteverde Travel by bus and boat through the stunning Costa Rican scenery up into the cloud forest. Take an included guided night walk to learn about nocturnal life in the jungle firsthand.
Day 5: Monteverde Enjoy a free day to explore the cloud forest region of Costa Rica. Opt to fly across canopy ziplines, walk across suspended bridges through the forest canopy, or go horseback riding in the hills.
Day 6: Monteverde/Quepos Travel to Quepos, just outside Manuel Antonio National Park. Opt to visit the park or relax on the beach in this fun surf town. Enjoy a night out and perhaps learn how to salsa.
Day 7: Quepos Enjoy a free day to visit Manuel Antonio National Park, sail, snorkel or surf in the Pacific. Opt to kayak through mangroves or relax on the beach.
Day 8: Quepos/San José Opt to chill at the beach in the morning before the journey by bus back to the capital.
Day 9: San José/Panama City Hop on a flight to Panama City and explore the most cosmopolitan city in Central America.
Day 10: Panama City/Bocas del Toro Catch a flight to the archipelago of Bocas del Toro. The islands are mostly covered in rainforest and have spectacular beaches. There are plenty of opportunities to snorkel, scuba dive, or just relax on the beach.
Day 11: Bocas del Toro Enjoy free time to explore these beautiful islands. Opt to take a boat tour of the area, go snorkelling, take a swim, or just lounge in paradise.
Day 12: Bocas del Toro Spend another day exploring the archipelago.
Day 13: Bocas del Toro/Boquete Travel to Boquete where a plethora of outdoor options await, including numerous hikes, whitewater rafting, or visiting a coffee plantation.
Day 14: Boquete Use a free day to enjoy numerous hikes or whitewater rafting. Opt for a tour of a coffee plantation.
Day 15: Boquete/Panama City Travel to David and catch a morning flight to Panama City. Upon arrival, visit the Panama Canal including the Miraflores Locks and on-site museum. Enjoy a final evening with the group.
Day 16: Panama City Depart at any time.