Information from Viator
The Salt Cathedral of Zipaquirá is declared First Wonder of Colombia and considered one of the most remarkable architectural and artistic achievements of the Colombian architecture. Enjoy an interesting tour to Zipaquirá visiting the Salt Cathedral and discovering the Main Squares of the colonial town.
The tour starts at 8am. We pick you up at your accommodation and from there we take you to Zipaquirá and its famous Cathedral. Depending on the traffic the trip to Zipaquirá lasts between 60 and 90 minutes. We will accompany you to the entrance to the mine where the guided tour through the Cathedral starts. The tour is in English or Spanish and takes around two hours. Getting back to the surface you'll enjoy a typical Colombian lunch in one of the best restaurants of Zipaquirá. Make your choice between different plates of meat, prepared traditionally on fire, or a vegetarian meal. After lunch and before returning to Bogotá discover the Independance Square and the Main Square of Zipaquirás colonial center with one of the oldest churches of Colombia. From the center of Zipaquirá we drive on way back to Bogotá and leave you at your hotel or the place of your choice. Depending on the traffic the whole tour lasts approximately 7 hours.
- Transport by private vehicle with driver
- Professional guide inside of the cathedral
- Entry/Admission - Catedral de Sal de Zipaquira
What's not included
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Small-group tour
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
- A la carte lunch included
- All entrance fees included
- Vegetarian meal option available