Information from G Adventures
Discover Colombia, a corner of South America that is once again becoming a must-see destination. On a 12-day adventure, spend two nights at a traditional hacienda on a working coffee farm, ride the famous hillside escalators of Medellín, indulge in the Caribbean beauty of Tayrona’s lush jungle and perfectly pristine beaches, and wander the cobblestoned streets of historical Cartagena. Get to Colombia before the rest of the world catches on.
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Coffee Farm Visit, Armenia Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Medellín Community Walk, Medellín Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Salsa Dance Class, Cartagena Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group Your Discover Moment: Cartagena
- Arrival transfer
- Excursion to Salento and Cocora Valley
- Santa Marta orientation tour
- Admission and hike in Tayrona National Park (excluding February departures)
- Gabriel García Márquez Old City walk
- Internal flights
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Spend two days in colombian coffee heaven at a traditional hacienda
- Learn the basics of salsa with a private lesson from two local dancers
- Discover another side of medellin with a visit to comuna 13
- Explore the lush jungle and white-sand beaches of tayrona national park
- Wander the cobblestone streets of historic cartagena
Day 1: Bogotá Arrive at any time. Arrival transfer included.
Day 2: Bogotá/Armenia Catch a flight to Armenia where we immerse ourselves into coffee culture staying two nights at a traditional Hacienda on a working coffee farm. Spend the afternoon with a coffee expert tasting and exploring elements that inspire coffee production including earth, water, fauna, flora, sun, and shade.
Day 3: Armenia Enjoy a full day excursion to Salento including a hike in the Cocora Valley. Enjoy some free time to visit shops and the village.
Day 4: Armenia/Medellín Catch a flight to vibrant Medellín. Enjoy time to explore this historic city upon arrival.
Day 5: Medellín Visit Comuna 13 — a community transformed. Once controlled by the cartels, this neighbourhood is a shining example of Colombia's progress in overcoming its notorious past. Meet a local guide and begin the journey upwards with a ride on the city’s unique public cable cars and escalator system and enjoy a walk discussing Colombia's history and revitalization. Option to take a historical tour, visit museums or go shopping in the afternoon.
Day 6: Medellín/Parque Nacional Natural Tayrona Morning flight to Santa Marta then continue to our beach lodge near Tayrona National Park, on the Caribbean coast. Enjoy fresh seafood and some of Colombia's most pristine and beautiful white sand beaches.
Day 7: Parque Nacional Natural Tayrona Spend the day swimming and enjoying the beach or opt to hike into the national park or into the jungle to see the ruins of Pueblito.
Day 8: Parque Nacional Natural Tayrona/Cartagena Drive to tropical Cartagena and experience the Caribbean charm and beauty of the city.
Day 9: Cartagena Enjoy a walking tour through the old part of Cartagena visiting key sites throughout the historical centre of the city that were inspiration for Colombia's most famous author, journalist and Nobel Prize winner; Gabriel García Márquez. This afternoon we learn the basics of Colombian Salsa, known as Cali style in a private lesson by two local dancers, then enjoy a dinner of Caribbean and Colombian specialties at Interno Training Restaurant, a social reintegration project that offers an innovative space for reconciliation between female prisoners and civil populations.
Day 10: Opt to pre-book the "Totumo Mud Volcano" activity on the checkout page ahead of time to include this optional on your tour. Experience the Caribbean charm and beauty of the city. Free time for optional activities such as a visit to Playa Blanca, a boat tour to Islas del Rosario National Park, or to explore nearby beaches.
Day 11: Cartagena/Bogotá Fly back to Bogotá with free time for optional activities including a visit to the National Museum of Colombia, the Gold Museum, or just wander one of the many quaint neighbourhoods.
Day 12: Bogotá Depart at any time.