Information from G Adventures
Take it from us — the nature of Colombia and the Caribbean is like nowhere else on Earth. On this one-week trip packed with active highlights and laid-back moments, you’ll get the best of beach relaxation and wilderness exploration. Beach time and Tayrona National Park are on the bill here, including chances for hikes down picturesque trails and spending time with the Gotshezhy Wiwa Indigenous community to learn about their customs and traditions. Get back to nature in the jungle town of Minca — it’s the great outdoors with a chill Caribbean twist.
- Your G for Good Moment: Wiwa Community Visit & Lunch, Gotshezhy Village Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- City tour in Cartagena
- Tayrona National Park (excluding February departures) hike with local guide (5hrs)
- Wiwa Community visit and lunch
- Taganga orientation walk
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Relax to the caribbean rhythms on the coast
- Hike through lush jungle with an indigenous guide
- Meet the locals and learn about coffee in minca
- Indulge in fresh seafood and colombian specialties
- Spend a day with the gotshezhy wiwa indigenous community
Day 1: Cartagena Arrive at any time.
Day 2: Cartagena Enjoy a city tour, visiting the colonial walled city and fortress, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Enjoy free time to take in the Caribbean vibe of the city and beach.
Day 3: Cartagena/Minca Travel to the small town of Minca, breathe in the fresh mountain air and enjoy free time to explore.
Day 4: Minca/Parque Nacional Natural Tayrona Head into Tayrona National Park for a moderate hike with a local guide. This is a perfect opportunity to experience nature and learn a little more about the rich, natural diversity of northern Colombia. Stay in a lodge close to the park.
Day 5: Parque Nacional Natural Tayrona Spend the day with the Gotshezhy indigenous community. Enjoy a G Adventures-supported lunch prepared by women from the community. Learn about Wiwa customs on a village visit and then lounge in a hammock by the river or opt to explore nearby waterfalls.
Day 6: Parque Nacional Natural Tayrona/Taganga In the afternoon, travel from Tayrona to Taganga. Orientation walk with CEO upon arrival.
Day 7: Taganga/Santa Marta With a free day at leisure, tour Taganga by foot or don a snorkel and mask and explore the water. This evening, travel to Santa Marta and join your group for an optional evening out on the town.
Day 8: Santa Marta Depart at any time.