Colombian peso (COP$)
Budget: Less than COP$100,000
- Dorm bed: COP$25,000–50,000
- Comida corriente (set meal): COP$8000–15,000
- Crosstown bus ride: COP$1000
- Double room in midrange hotel: COP$80,000–120,000
- Main dish in decent local restaurant: COP$20,000–30,000
- Museum entry: COP$5000–15,000
- Short taxi ride: COP$10,000–15,000
Top end: More than COP$250,000
- Double room in a top-end hotel: from COP$160,000
- Multicourse meal with wine: from COP$60,000
- Paragliding outing: COP$120,000
Bargaining is limited to informal trade and services, such as markets and street stalls.
In areas where taxis are not metered there is generally an official list of prices although some haggling may be possible.
Banco de Bogotá A reliable ATM near the bus offices.