Colombian peso (COP$)
Budget: Less than COP$100,000
- Dorm bed: COP$25,000–50,000
- Comida corriente (set meal): COP$8000–15,000
- Crosstown bus ride: COP$1000
- Double room in midrange hotel: COP$80,000–120,000
- Main dish in decent local restaurant: COP$20,000–30,000
- Museum entry: COP$5000–15,000
- Short taxi ride: COP$10,000–15,000
Top end: More than COP$250,000
- Double room in a top-end hotel: from COP$160,000
- Multicourse meal with wine: from COP$60,000
- Paragliding outing: COP$120,000
Bargaining is limited to informal trade and services, such as markets and street stalls.
In areas where taxis are not metered there is generally an official list of prices although some haggling may be possible.
There are ATMs in the town center, especially along Carrera 10 between Calles 7 and 10, and casas de cambio on Calle 8 between Carrera 11 and the market. Shop around; exchange rates vary.