'La Rumba' ('the party') in Colombia is a hot mess fueled by salsa and aguardiente (Colombia's homegrown firewater). Whether it's salsa in Cali, the laser- and smoke-filled nightclubs of Medellín, Bogotá's sophisticated cocktail bars and craft-beer pubs, raucous and sweat-soaked Cartagena nights, or Carnaval in Barranquilla, Colombia is ready to rumba!
The domestic coffee scene has greatly improved, with third-wave gourmet coffee shops popping up in big cities.
Drinking & Nightlife
- Andrés Carne de Res Words cannot do justice to South America's most famous night out.
- Rincón Clásico A 7000-strong record collection spun by Pereira's Don Olmedo, surely Colombia's most experienced DJ.
- Café Havana Cartagena's famously old-school salsa club.
- Zaperoco Live salsa, rumba and Cuban son keep this Cali institution shakin' until the wee hours.
- Salon Malaga This Medellín institution is festively soundtracked by classic tango and bolero on vinyl.
- Azahar Café Freshly upgraded emporium for all things coffee-related.