Colombian peso (COP$)
Budget: Less than COP$100,000
- Dorm bed: COP$25,000–50,000
- Comida corriente (set meal): COP$8000–15,000
- Crosstown bus ride: COP$1000
- Double room in midrange hotel: COP$80,000–120,000
- Main dish in decent local restaurant: COP$20,000–30,000
- Museum entry: COP$5000–15,000
- Short taxi ride: COP$10,000–15,000
Top end: More than COP$250,000
- Double room in a top-end hotel: from COP$160,000
- Multicourse meal with wine: from COP$60,000
- Paragliding outing: COP$120,000
Bargaining is limited to informal trade and services, such as markets and street stalls.
In areas where taxis are not metered there is generally an official list of prices although some haggling may be possible.
Be aware that there are no ATMs in either Capurganá or Sazurro, so it's important to bring as much cash as you'll need for your stay. In a pinch, you can get cash advances on a credit card from Hostal Capurganá. The same place (and a few others) also change US dollars, but both transactions will cost you.