Information from G Adventures
To truly understand China, you’ve got to get out and meet it on its own terms, which is exactly what this eight-day trip through the country’s northern reaches delivers. Up here, you’ll get to the big stuff (the Great Wall, Xi’an, Beijing) and lesser-known treasures that only the hardiest of travellers ever get to experience: Datong’s Hanging Monastery, the amazing Yungang Buddha Caves, the nearly 3,000-year-old city of Pingyao, even a calligraphy class, to name just a few.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group Your Hands-On Moment: Traditional Paper-Cut Class, Pingyao
- Forbidden City visit
- Great Wall Mutianyu excursion
- Hanging Monastery visit
- Yungang Grottoes visit
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Visit the forbidden city and the great wall
- See thousands of buddha statues at the yungang grottoes
- Enjoy an included calligraphy class
- Explore the ancient city of pingyao
Day 1: Xi'an Arrive at any time.
Day 2: Xi'an/Pingyao Board a morning fast train to the ancient city of Pingyao. On arrival, get hands-on with a paper cutting class.
Day 3: Pingyao/Datong Hop on a train to Datong after a free morning in Pingyao.
Day 4: Datong/Datong Set eyes on the gorgeous Hanging Monastery and visit the Yungang Grottoes to see the thousands of Buddha statues.
Day 5: Datong/Beijing Take a final morning to explore Datong. Later, board a local train to Beijing and arrive in the evening.
Day 6: Beijing Enjoy a visit to the famed Forbidden City then take the rest of the day to explore on your own.
Day 7: Beijing Enjoy an included visit to the Great Wall.
Day 8: Beijing Depart at any time.