Information from G Adventures
Ultramodern and resolutely traditional, China is a land with one foot in the present and the other striding into the future. This eight-day adventure connects them both, beginning with Shanghai’s sleek skyscrapered skyline. Then, you’ll strap on your boots and hike into the countryside around Longji to wander the picturesque rice paddies. (Depending on the season, you may even get to help out with the harvest.) See the limestone karsts of Guilin before you return to modern times with a two-day stint in always-on Hong Kong. Nature and modernity, in perfect balance.
- Your G for Good Moment: Jia Community Restaurant, Yangshuo Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group Your Discover Moment: Shanghai Your Discover Moment: Yangshuo
- Orientation walk in Yangshuo
- Longji Terraces half day trek
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Explore shanghai's mix of modern trends and historic sites
- Trek along rice terraces through different villages
- Travel along the famous li river
- Discover scenic yangshuo
Day 1: Shanghai Arrive at any time.
Day 2: Shanghai/Yangshuo Spend a free day exploring the mix of modern and historic in Shanghai before boarding an overnight train to Yangshuo.
Day 3: Yangshuo Transfer to Yangshuo. Admire the region's unforgettable landscape, dotted with towering karst mountains along the winding Li River.
Day 4: Yangshuo With an entire free day, Yangshuo is yours to discover.
Day 5: Yangshuo/Longji Enjoy a morning float down the Li River, then enjoy a traditional lunch at the Jia Community Restaurant. After lunch, transfer to Longji and get ready for the next day's hike with some free time.
Day 6: Longji Enjoy village to village trekking along the rice terraces.
Day 7: Longji/Hong Kong Transfer to Guilin and board a bullet train to Hong Kong, arriving in the late afternoon.
Day 8: Hong Kong Depart at any time.