Information from G Adventures
For ambitious travellers on a tight budget who are after an experience full of the very best this country has to offer, this tour showcases the scenic wonders without missing its most famous cities and sites. Walk back in time along the Great Wall then see the future in Shanghai. Our CEOs will help you dig deeper into the very best of China. Offering a great deal of flexibility, our optional activities allow you to go beyond the highlights.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group Your Discover Moment: Beijing Your Discover Moment: Shanghai Your Discover Moment: Yangshuo
- Excursion to the Great Wall
- Half-day hike through the Longji Terraces
- Orientation walks in Shanghai and Xi'an
- Visit Victoria Harbour in Hong Kong
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Explore cosmopolitan cities
- Uncover ancient capitals and charming rural villages
- Hike the beautiful hills dotted with longji rice terraces
- Marvel at the terracotta warriors
- Stand in awe on the great wall.
Day 1: Beijing Arrive at any time.
Day 2: Beijing Visit the Great Wall of China with time in the late afternoon to explore more of Beijing.
Day 3: Beijing Free time to explore Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City, or the Temple of Heaven.
Day 4: Beijing/Xi'an Explore Beijing by day and board an overnight train by night.
Day 5: Xi'an Get to know Xi'an on an orientation walk, then enjoy free time.
Day 6: Xi'an Opt to visit one of China’s greatest archaeological treasures—the Terracotta Warriors—or cycle the ancient city walls.
Day 7: Xi'an/Shanghai Enjoy free time to explore Xi'an, then take an overnight train to Shanghai.
Day 8: Shanghai Enjoy free time to explore this vibrant and exotic city after an orientation walk.
Day 9: Shanghai Enjoy free time to explore this vibrant and exotic city after an orientation walk.
Day 10: Shanghai/Guilin Take an overnight train to Guilin and transfer to the Longji Terraces area.
Day 11: Guilin/Longji Transfer to the breathtakingly beautiful Longji Terraces area.
Day 12: Longji Enjoy an included half-day trek along the hills and terraces to Dazai.
Day 13: Longji/Yangshuo Opt to cycle through the countryside of Yangshuo, experience a local cooking school, practice tai chi, or see the light and sound show on the river produced by Zhang Yimou.
Day 14: Yangshuo Free time in Yangshuo.
Day 15: Yangshuo Free time in Yangshuo.
Day 16: Yangshuo/Shenzhen Travel to Guilin, then board a fast train to Shenzhen.
Day 17: Shenzhen/Hong Kong Cross the border into Hong Kong. Visit Victoria Harbour. Enjoy free time to explore this vibrant and exotic city.
Day 18: Hong Kong Depart at any time.