Information from G Adventures
From cosmopolitan cities to ancient capitals and surreal rural scenery, China’s stunning diversity offers adventurous visitors to the Middle Kingdom a chance to explore both its modern allure and ancient past. A rapidly changing country, now is the time to discover its cultural and historical diversity—and do it with a bit of style! Our experienced CEO will lead the way and eliminate the hassle so you're free to explore China's urban and rural highlights.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group Your Foodie Moment: Central Chinese Cooking Class - Yangshuo, Yangshuo
- Arrival transfer
- Visit Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City and the Temple of Heaven
- Visit Beijing's traditional hutongs
- Excursion to the Great Wall
- Xian Muslim quarter orientation walk
- Cycle along the Xi'an city walls
- Terracotta Warriors tour and a lunch at the local village where they were uncovered
- Li River boat ride
- Bicycle ride trough the countryside with village visits
- Cooking class and dinner in Yangshuo
- Explore Yue Luo Wan rural village
- Shanghai orientation walk
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Walk the great wall and cycle along the xi'an city walls
- Explore the back-alley streets in beijing's traditional hutongs
- Face the terracotta warriors and visit the farming community where they were discovered
- Cycle the countryside and visit quaint villages
- Learn to cook local specialities at a rural cooking school
Day 1: Beijing Arrive at any time, arrival transfer included. Enjoy a first taste of Chinese cuisine with a Beijing duck welcome dinner.
Day 2: Beijing Today we visit the Great Wall of China.
Day 3: Beijing Explore Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City, and the Temple of Heaven. Also, take a walk through some of the local backstreet neighbourhoods.
Day 4: Beijing/Xi'an Continue to explore Beijing with our local CEO and enjoy some free time on your own. In the evening, catch an overnight train to Xi'an.
Day 5: Xi'an Explore Xi'an like the locals with a bike ride along the ancient city walls. In the evening, visit the Muslim Quarter and local markets.
Day 6: Xi'an Visit the famed Terracotta Warriors museum and then have lunch in the local farming village where these priceless artifacts were found.
Day 7: Xi'an/Yueluowan Village Fly to Guilin and continue on to a traditional Chinese village and immerse yourself in the local culture with an overnight stay in a small guesthouse.
Day 8: Yueluowan Village/Yangshuo Trek through the beautiful countryside, passing villages, rice and fruit fields to the quaint town of Yangshuo. In the evening, enjoy a sunset cruise on the Li River.
Day 9: Yangshuo Take a rural cycling trip, passing rice paddy fields and limestone karst mountains. Later, try preparing local cuisine at a cooking school and enjoy the results for dinner.
Day 10: Yangshuo/Shanghai Fly to Shanghai and take an orientation walk along the Bund area.
Day 11: Shanghai Enjoy free time to explore on your own. Opt to visit Yuyuan Gardens or the Shanghai Museum.
Day 12: Shanghai Depart at any time.