Information from Viator
Our 11 days silk road tour starts from Xi'an, where you will experience the Chinese traditional culture. we arrange the Tang Show and Dumpling banquet for you. Highlights of Dunhuang is the UNESCO World Heritage Mogao Grottoes where you will find the treasure of Buddhist art. In and around Turpan, the trade center of the ancient Silk Road, many historical sites have been preserved well due to the dry weather allowing you to better appreciate the Silk Road history. Other attractions include Terra-cotta warriors, camel riding in the desert, Jiaohe ancient city ruins, as well as visiting the local Uighur family, going to the famous Kashgar Sunday bazaar, and driving along the Karakorum Highway to experience the Tajik folklore and the breath-taking Pamir landscape.
D1: Arrive at Xi’an transferred to your hotel.Overnight in Xi’an Grand Dynasty culture hotelD2: May : Xi’an Morning visit The Terracotta Warriors and Horses.Then continue to the Bid Wild Goose Pagoda , The Bell Tower, and the Tang Dynasty Show. Overnight in Xi’an Grand Dynasty culture hotelD3: Xi’an Today we will take Xi’an city tour to visit the Shan’xi Province Museum, stroll on the Ancient City Wall,and then explore the Old Mosque. Overnight in Xi’an Grand Dynasty culture hotelD4: Xi’anDunhuang After breakfast, take the flight to Dunhuang and visit the Echoing-Sand Mountain and Crescent Lake, then take the overnight train to Turpan. Overnight in Dunhuang Fuguo HotelD5: DunhuangTurpan D55(16:10-19:53)After breakfast, tour of Mogao Grottoes, and take the express train to Turpan Overnight in Huozhou HotelD6: Turpan Morning arrive at Turpan, visit the Tuyoq Village. Astana Tombs, and the Bezeklik Grottoes (you can enjoy the outlook of Flaming mountain around Grottoes). Include visiting Local Uyger family in the Vineyard. Overnight in Turpan Huozhou HotelD7: TurpanUrumqi Morning visit the Sugong Minaret, Karez Well, and Jiaohe Ruins. Then drive back to Urumqi and visit the Erdaoqiao & International bazaar. Overnight in Urumqi Yilite HotelD8: UrumqiKashgar Morning tour at Xinjiang Region Museum, and in the afternoon visit the Heavenly Lake. Overnight in Kashgar Qinbagh HotelD9: Kashgar Today is Sunday and you will visit Sunday Bazaar (livestock Market) Afterwards, visit Handicraft street. Then we’ll visit the Apak Hoja Tomb and the Idigar Mosque. Overnight in Kashgar Qinbagh HotelD10: KashgarKarakul Lake (260kms, 3hrs driving) After breakfast we will head to Karakul Lake. In the afternoon back to Kashgar Overnight in Kashgar Qinbagh HotelD11: May : Kashgar Airport transfer based on your flight schedule.
- Private transportation with Good AC through out the itinerary
- Accommodation based on DB/Twins shared rooms listed with breakfast (4star hotel)
- Excellent English speaking guide
- All sightseeing as specified in the itinerary;
- 2 bottles of water each person every day
- Airfare: Xi'an to Dunhuang,Urumqi to Kashgar
- Train: 2nd class express train from Dunhuang to Turpan
- allowance for the guide and driver
- Travel insurance and government tax
- Visa support letter if necessary
What's not included
- Full board meals listed every day
- Personal expenses and tips to the guide and driver
- Flight arrive in Xi'an and leave from Kashgar
- some other tours and activities such as boating, camel riding ect
- no guide service on airport or train transfer only.
- food on the trains and other lost due to weather condition