Information from Viator
Mount Gongga is located in the transitional zone between Qinghai-Tibet Plateau and Sichuan Basin. The main peak (7,556 ms) is the highest peak of east Tibetan plateau, called "the king of Shu Mountains". The high and steep mountain is covered forever with thawless snow. If visitors look at the mountain from far, it seems to float above a vast snow-sea. Besides the highest peak of 7556 ms, a few peaks above 6000 also are standing around it as its brother. In the zone, there are many natural sights, such as ancient glaciers relic, modern glaciers, virgin forests, hot springs, lakes, snow peaks, etc. In this trekking, you will trek only the section of Laoyulin to Riwuqie Mountain pass to have a view of the Mt. Gongka. The average sea level is above 4000 meter and the highest mountain pass is about 4900 meters.
D1 Chengdu – Kangding Meet with your guide at your hotel and then take long distance bus to Kangding in about 4-7 hours’ driving in the morning， depend on if the bus can drive on the express way. Firstly will be express way from Chengdu to Luding, and then the No. 318 State highway. You will enjoy the view of Sichuan plain and then the mountainous area of Luding and Kangding. And lot of long tunnels will be crossed today. Arrive in Kangding in the afternoon, and then free to walk around in the city of Kangding to be acclimated. Sea level around 2300 meters. You will arrange the accommodation yourselves, local hotel varies from cheap guesthouse to good 4 star level hotel.D2 Yulin - Liangchahe Trekking 6 hours, about 14kms. （ L, D）Start trekking on Mt. Kongka today. Your driver will drive you in about 30 minutes to the power station, where will be the start of your trekking. Here you will meet with local Tibetan herdsman and your book, and then pack-up your luggage and gears with the horses, and then start trekking. You will trek on the mountain trails in the deep mountain valley, pass by the wide Gexi Grassland, where you will enjoy wild flowers in season. And you will also pass by the Red Rock Beach, enjoy the wonder of the nature. Arrive at the wide place of Liangchahe in the afternoon, which is the road cross to Riwuqie and Yulongxi. You will set up the camping base here, to be acclimated here too. Sea level 3700 meters. Camping in the evening.D3 Liangchahe - Down Riwuqie Trekking 4 hours, about 10 kms. （ B，L, D）Get up in the morning to enjoy the beautiful mountain around, and then start trek again today, and enjoy the beautiful peaks en route. Arrive at Down Riwuqie in the afternoon, set up the camping base here, to be acclimated here. Sea level 4100 meters. Camping in the evening.D4 Down Riwuqie - Riwuqie Mountain Pass - Down Riwuqie Trekking 8 hours, about 17 kms （ B，L, D）Continue trekking today. Get up to visit the beautiful Riwuqie Lake, and enjoy the Ice Glacier in distance, also enjoy more snow peaks en route and then climb over the mountain pass of 4830 meter, which will be the most difficult part of your trekking. In the afternoon return to the camping site of Xia Riwuqie. Sea level about 4100 meters. Camping in the evening.D5 Down Riwuqie- Yulin- Kangding Trekking about 8 hours, about 20 KMs （ B，L）The whole day you will trek down and back to Yulin via Shuangchahe, and then meet with your driver and transfer you to your hotel.D6 Kangding- Chengdu driving 4-6 hours In the morning catch the long distance bus back to Chengdu via Luding, Ya’an. Arrive in Chengdu in the late afternoon.
- The camping gears, including dinning tent, toilet tent, table, chairs, sleeping tents, sleeping mats. Every two people share one sleeping tents.
- Meals during trekking as schedule listed. Our staff / cook will cook the buffet breakfast and Chinese dinners for you, also provide you with hot drinks. And lunch will be sandwich or noodles accordingly.
- English speaking guide service.
- Local porters or horses for your luggage and gears carriage. Your luggage should be packed in only one bag, and the total luggage should not expire weight of 15 KG.
- Back up staffs, who will set up the camping site, cook the meals, and take care of the gears.
- It will be public long distance bus between Chengdu and Kangding, private transfer from your hotel to start of trekking and from end of trekking to Kangding.
- Accidents insurance with the highest refund of RMB 30,0000, and the refunding terms is subject to the Chinese insurance company we signed.
- Fuel surcharge
- Landing and facility fees
- Bottled water
What's not included
- Tips for the guides, staffs, herdsman.
- Your accommodation in Kangding. You can book the hotels in Kangding yourself according to your own budget, or you can also entrust us to book it for you and pay extra money.
- Your meals out of trekking.
- Sleeping bags. You need to prepare sleeping bags which can endure the temperature of -10 Centigrade.
- Your personal gears of trekking, such as water proof boots and jackets, sun glasses, sun oil, hat, etc.