Information from Viator
If you have very limited time in Shanghai, and want to go home with a great understanding of Shanghai, its people, history and culture, then this private day tour is perfect for you! You will visit both the east and west sides of Shanghai and also discover Shanghai's fascinating mix of modern and classic character. The major attractions in this tour includes: The Oriental Pearl Tower, Shanghai World Financial Center, The Bund, Riverside Promenade (Binjiang Da Dao), Yu Yuan Garden and much more!
In the morning, your tour guide will meet you at your desired starting point in the city center, typically your hotel lobby, at your desired time, usually at 9:30am. Then you will start this full day cultural and historical tour. Then you will start this within 8-hour city highlight tour. First, you will visit an iconic building in the financial center of Shanghai and rise to the observation deck to have a panoramic birds eye view of the whole city. Choose from the historic Oriental Pearl TV Tower, the landmark and unique Shanghai World Financial Center, the lucky JinMao Tower or the Shanghai Tower (the newest and highest building in China).From here you will visit the Bund Area where we will enjoy 100-year old architecture and enjoy exciting views across the Huangpu River or Riverside Promenade (Binjiang Da Dao). This area was controlled by the British during the concessions period. Next, you'll visit the Confucius Temple, the top university in the history of Shanghai. It was built in 1291 and the only place to pay respects to Confucius in the city. From here, you will then go to a century-old local restaurant to have traditional steamed buns and local dishes based on you preferences. In the afternoon, you'll visit Yuyuan Garden, a famous classical garden in southern China which is over 400 years old built in Ming Dynasty, the area around the garden has been the downtown of the city for several hundred years. After Yuyuan Garden, you'll visit the close-by happy shopping kingdom where you can find unique souvenirs such as pearls, jade, tea and silk as well as inexpensive Chinese ornamental items. Then you'll have late afternoon Tang Dynasty Tea ceremony where you'll sample a variety of local tea flavors. To end of the day, you'll visit one more place - the Former Concession Area to enjoy the atmosphere of east meets west or the new popular place,it is completely make your tour a relaxing end. Your will be send back to your hotel or somewhere in the city center you prefer when the tour is finished. Note: This tour comes in two options that you can choose from when you book this tour. One option is the tour only where you'll experience Shanghai's metro and taxis (transportation at own expense). The other option includes a private car and driver. For tours with more than four people, only the private car service option is available since it can be difficult getting taxis for large groups.
- Personal tour guide services
- Guide will meet you at your centrally located hotel and return you to your hotel
- Private car (if option selected)
- Drop off and pickup outside of central Shanghai, such as the airport, cruise terminals, railway station, Shanghai Disney Area, Qinpu, Jiading, Chuansha, or Songjiang will incur extra fees.
What's not included
- Entrance fees - Typically 200RMB to 300RMB/person for full day
- Lunch –Typically 50RMB to 100RMB based on your tastes and interests
- Public transportation fees using metro or taxis (typically 200RMB to 300RMB for full day)
- Instant Confirmation
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Get inside tips from a local
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views