Tibet is officially a province of China and does not have tourist offices as such. Similarly, the Tibetan government-in-exile does not provide information specifically relating to travel in Tibet. Several of the pro-Tibet organisations abroad offer travel advice.
The following organisations do excellent work to help the people of the Tibetan plateau.
- Braille Without Borders www.braillewithoutborders.org
- Seva www.seva.ca/countries/tibet
- Tibet Foundation www.tibet-foundation.org
- Tibet Fund www.tibetfund.org
- Tibetan Village Project www.tibetanvillageproject.org
Pro-Tibet organisations abroad have good news services and some cultural coverage. The Australia Tibet Council website includes an interesting guide for tourists visiting Tibet, as does Free Tibet (www.freetibet.org/about/travel-guide). The Tibet Support Group (www.tibet.org) offers online links to most pro-Tibet organisations.
- Australia Tibet Council www.atc.org.au
- Canada Tibet Committee www.tibet.ca
- International Campaign for Tibet (ICT) www.savetibet.org
- Students for a Free Tibet www.studentsforafreetibet.org
- Tibet House www.tibethouse.org
- Tibet Society www.tibetsociety.com
- Tibetan Centre for Human Rights and Democracy www.tchrd.org
- Tibet Watch www.tibetwatch.org