Tibet is officially a province of China and does not have tourist offices as such. Similarly, the Tibetan government-in-exile does not provide information specifically relating to travel in Tibet. Several of the pro-Tibet organisations abroad offer travel advice.
The following organisations do excellent work to help the people of the Tibetan plateau.
- Braille Without Borders www.braillewithoutborders.org
- Seva www.seva.ca/countries/tibet
- Tibet Foundation www.tibet-foundation.org
- Tibet Fund www.tibetfund.org
- Tibet Poverty Alleviation Fund www.tpaf.org
- Tibetan Village Project www.tibetanvillageproject.org
Pro-Tibet organisations abroad have good news services and some cultural coverage. The Australia Tibet Council website includes an interesting guide for tourists visiting Tibet. The Tibet Support Group (www.tibet.org) offers online links to most pro-Tibet organisations.
- Australia Tibet Council www.atc.org.au
- Canada Tibet Committee www.tibet.ca
- International Campaign for Tibet (ICT) www.savetibet.org
- Students for a Free Tibet www.studentsforafreetibet.org
- Tibet House www.tibethouse.org
- Tibet Society www.tibetsociety.com
- Tibetan Centre for Human Rights and Democracy www.tchrd.org