Information from Viator
Ride the Ngong Ping Cable Car round-trip to see the Tian Tan Buddha statue (Big Buddha) at Po Lin Monastery. Then take a boat ride to explore Tai O, a quaint fishing village where the houses are built on stilts. A vegetarian lunch and round-trip coach transport from major Kowloon hotels is included on this day trip to Lantau Island.
ItineraryThis is a typical itinerary for this productStop At: Lantau Island, Hong KongThe highlight is riding the cable car to visit Tian Tan Big Buddha, exploring Tai O fishing village by boat rideDuration: 4 hoursStop At: Tung Chung, Hong KongAccess of group Entry to skip the line. Take cable car ride from Tung Chung to Ngong Ping ( mountain top ).Duration: 30 minutesStop At: Ngong Ping 360, Hong KongNgong Ping Cable Car connects Tung Chung and Ngong Ping. The 5.7km cable car journey offers visitors spectacular 360 degree panoramic views of South China Sea, Hong Kong International Airport, North Lantau Country Park and Giant Buddha.Duration: 30 minutesStop At: Tian Tan Buddha (Big Buddha), Hong KongThe world’s largest outdoor seated bronze Buddha. Take in 360-degree views of the island’s forested hillsides and blue-green water as you soar toward the towering 112-foot (34-m) statue. Duration: 40 minutesStop At: Po Lin (Precious Lotus) Monastery, Hong KongKnown as the "Buddhist Kingdom in the South", Po Lin Monastery is the most popular Buddhist temple in HK. Lunch will be served at the Po Lin Monastery, it is a Chinese Vegetarian cuisine which is a culture heritage from ancient China. Duration: 20 minutesStop At: Tai O, Hong KongTake boat ride around Tai O village to see the stilts house. In summer time, you can see Pink Dolphin in this area.Duration: 30 minutes
- Pickup service is available from 60+ major hotels in Kowloon and 40+ hotels on Hong Kong Island.
- Transfer to a departure point. Meet with other passengers. After tour, transfer back to your hotel
- Group Entry to skip the line. Take cable car ride to mountain top from Tung Chung to Ngong Ping.
- On mountain top, shuttle bus to Buddha after taking cable car, you do not need to climb 268 steps.
- Boat ride in Tai O Village to see the stilts houses. Pink Dolphin can be seen sometimes in summer.
- Chinese style vegetarian lunch at Po Lin Monastery
- Return cable car ride to Tung Chung, see the world's longest sea crossing HKG-MACAO bridge from sky.
- Tour ends in Tung Chung at 4pm, then you will take 1-hour coach back to your hotel in downtown.
- Service of English speaking tour guide during all transfers and sightseeing
- You will be back to hotel at about 18:30. The actual time depends on traffic in rush hour.
- Entry/Admission - Ngong Ping 360
- Entry/Admission - Tian Tan Buddha (Big Buddha)
- Entry/Admission - Tai O
What's not included
- Gratuities for guide and driver (recommended)
- Taxi fare between your hotel and the meeting place if your hotel is not in the pickup list.
- Instant Confirmation
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included