Information from Viator
This private day trip takes you to visit the UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Guangzhou province, including the flashy Kaiping watchtowers known as Diaolou, the harmonic Li Gardens. Your tour includes transport, entrance fees, lunch, and hotel pickup and drop-off.
Your guide will pick you up at your Guangzhou hotel then take you to Kaiping City, about 2.5 hours away from central Guangzhou. There you’ll visit the Watchtowers in Zili Village, also know as Diaolou. The Diaolou are fortified buildings built in the 1920s and 1930s by returning Chinese immigrants from all over the world and listed as UNESCO World Cultural Heritage sites. The Zili village has nine of these watchtowers with different styles. The views from the top are beautiful, and it gives a little insight into what it would be like to have lived here in the past.From there, your guide will then take you to have a traditional Chinese cuisine lunch at a local restaurant to enjoy southern Chinese flavors before visiting the Li Garden. The Li Garden was built between 1926 and 1936 by Mr. Xie Weili, a Chinese emigrant to the United States. They cover an area of approximately 11,000 square meters and has the lingering charm of a traditional Chinese garden but also contains the exotic atmosphere of Western architecture in great harmony. The layout of Li Garden is divided into 3 sections, inside which there is a villa section, a grand garden and a small garden.After this, it will be time to return to your hotel in Guangzhou, which will take approximately 2 hours.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transfer to the tour sites
- Professional and friendly English speaking guide
- Traditional Chinese cuisine lunch
- Entry/Admission - Kaiping Garden
- Entry/Admission - Watchtower Group of Zili Village
What's not included
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Instant Confirmation
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Lunch included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included