Information from Viator
Savor the leisurely pace of local life. Visit the home of a local family and learn about their traditional Hutong courtyard life. Climb to the top of the 800 year old Drum Tower for a panoramic view of Beijing.
Hutongs were the home of local Chinese from imperial times and today we will visit Beijing’s best-preserved ancient Hutong district. You will begin with a rickshaw ride to Prince Gong’s Mansion. Nestled among the common Hutongs, this was the largest and best-preserved royal mansion of the Qing Dynasty. From here, you will take a rickshaw ride through the old narrow Hutongs and savor the leisurely pace of local life. You will visit the home of a Chinese family and learn about their traditional Hutong life in modern times. Relax with a classical tea ceremony before you climb to the top of the 800 year old Drum Tower for a panoramic view of Beijing before returning to your hotel.
- Private car or mini van
- Private English-speaking guide
- Bottled water in the vehicle
What's not included
- Food and drinks
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Get inside tips from a local
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure