Information from Viator
On this dynamic private tour of Beijing, visit culturally significant landmarks like Tiananmen Square and UNESCO World Heritage Sites like the Forbidden City and the Temple of Heaven. Then join locals in leisure activities like afternoon Tai Chi and get a good taste of traditional Chinese cuisine for a yummy lunch.
8am in the morning, your private guide and driver will pick you up from your Beijing hotel and take you by private, air-conditioned vehicle to Tiananmen Square, a site of many significant historical and cultural events. Walk through the square with your guide to see and learn about notable monuments like Tiananmen Gate, Monument to the People’s Heroes, Great Hall of the People and the Chairman Mao Memorial Museum.
Walk to the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Forbidden City, a Chinese imperial palace that served as a ceremonial and political center of the Chinese imperial government for nearly 600 years. It now houses the Palace Museum, where you will see an extensive collection of artwork and artifacts from the Ming Dynasty and Qing Dynasty.
**Please be advised that the Forbidden City is closed on Mondays. Beijing zoo where you can see lovely Giant Pandas or Summer Palace will be substituted instead.
Then, hop back into your private transport for a drive to a nearby popular restaurant to enjoy an authentic Chinese lunch. Afterward, your guide will drive you to another UNESCO World Heritage-listed Temple of Heaven, the largest complex of ancient sacrificial buildings in China, occupying an area of 674 acres (273 hectares). Walk through the temple to see the Hall of Prayer for Good Harvest, and learn about its profound influence on the region’s architecture. Here, you can join locals in traditional activities like Tai chi or dancing.
At the end of the day, relax on the drive back to your Beijing hotel.
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Admission to tour attractions listed in itinerary
- Lunch with drinks
- Private transport in a nice air-conditioned travel vehicle
What's not included
- Gratuities to tour guide and driver (optional)
- All entrance fees included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- All-inclusive tour
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Lunch included
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Private guide for a more personalized experience