Information from Viator
Shanghai has a long history, but since it became a trading port city after the first Opium War, it developed into a one-of-a-kind city in China. This 5-hour guided tour allows you to discover its ancient history with a visit to the Shanghai Museum, its Concession period by wandering around the Bund, and its current modern stage admiring Pudong from a river cruise.
Meet your guide in the morning in your hotel lobby, and start your exciting tour with a Huangpu River cruise which offers an extraordinary view of both the Bund and Pudong, landmarks of Shanghai’s architecture. The Bund is an impressive area of neoclassical buildings, dating back to Shanghai’s grandest days, while Pudong is one of the world’s most iconic night skylines. After disembarking from the cruise, there is an opportunity to walk along the wide boulevard.Then, go to the Shanghai Museum which houses a spectacular collection of Chinese relics. A wander through the exhibit reveals beautifully curated artifacts dating from the Neolithic Age to the Qing Dynasty and contemporary times. An audio tour in multiple languages provides commentary on many of the items on display. This museum is the perfect way to reflect on Shanghai’s history, and to give you more background information on the city.After the museum visit is over, you will be taken back to your hotel and your guide can suggest you a good place to enjoy lunch on your own.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional and friendly English-speaking guide
- Transport by air-conditioned mini van
- Entry/Admission - Shanghai Museum (Shanghai Bowuguan)
- Entry/Admission - The Bund (Wai Tan)
- Entry/Admission - Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall
- Entry/Admission - Huangpu River
What's not included
- Food and drinks
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Informative, friendly and professional guide