Santiago in detail
- Lonely Planet (www.lonelyplanet.com/chile/santiago) Destination information, hotel bookings, traveller forum and more.
- Chile (www.chile.travel) Official website of the tourism board.
- Santiago Times (www.santiagotimes.cl) English-language news about Santiago and beyond.
- Revista Revolver (www.revistarevolver.cl) English-language event listings and local knowledge.
- Estoy (www.estoy.cl) Listings of cultural events across Santiago.
- Saborizante (www.saborizante.com) Cultural news and event listings.
- Santiago Tourist (www.santiagotourist.com) Blog with helpful tips on visas, sending mail or exchanging money.
- Once in the arrivals hall of the airport, avoid the taxi drivers and go straight to the desks for flat-rate taxis or shared shuttles.
- It's often faster to travel around central Santiago by metro than by taxi, though the trains at rush hour can be uncomfortably crowded.
- Make lunch your largest meal of the day and you can save big with cheap three-course fixed meals at most central cafes.
- Always pack an extra layer of clothing when headed out for the day as, regardless of the season, Santiago experiences large temperature drops in the evenings.
- Memorizing a few key words in Spanish can go a long way when navigating around the city.