Chilean peso (CH$)
Budget: Less than CH$65,000
- Inexpensive hospedaje room/dorm bed: CH$10,000
- Budget-restaurant dinner main: CH$5000
- Three-course set lunch: CH$4000–7000
- Double room in midrange hotel or B&B: CH$50,000
- Midrange-restaurant dinner main: CH$8000
- Car rentals: start at CH$20,000 per day
Top End: More than CH$80,000
- Double room in top-end hotel: CH$80,000
- Fine-restaurant dinner main: CH$14,000
- All-day guided outdoor adventures: CH$30,000–65,000
Unlike some South American countries, bargaining is generally not the norm in Chile.
There are three ATMs in town (two on Caracoles and the other opposite the museum) but they do not always have money, so bring a big wad of cash, just in case. Many establishments take plastic, but some prefer the real stuff.