Chilean peso (CH$)
Budget: Less than CH$65,000
- Inexpensive hospedaje room/dorm bed: CH$10,000
- Budget-restaurant dinner main: CH$5000
- Three-course set lunch: CH$4000–7000
- Double room in midrange hotel or B&B: CH$50,000
- Midrange-restaurant dinner main: CH$8000
- Car rentals: start at CH$20,000 per day
Top End: More than CH$80,000
- Double room in top-end hotel: CH$80,000
- Fine-restaurant dinner main: CH$14,000
- All-day guided outdoor adventures: CH$30,000–65,000
Unlike some South American countries, bargaining is generally not the norm in Chile.
There are no banks or money changers on Isla Robinson Crusoe, so bring all the pesos you'll need, preferably in small bills. Some businesses will take US dollars or euros, albeit at poor rates. Credit cards are rarely accepted outside of the higher-end guesthouses.