A joint Mexican-Chilean project finished in 1964, the upstairs Sala Hardy Wistuba specializes in works by local artists, sculptors and photographers. Also houses a small cafe and an excellent boutique.
Along busy, diesel-fume-laden Av Angelmó is a dizzying mix of streetside stalls (selling artifacts, smoked mussels, cochayuyo – edible sea plant – and mysterious trinkets), crafts markets and touristy seafood restau…
Built entirely of alerce in 1856, this church, located on the Plaza de Armas, is the town's oldest building and one of its few attractive ones.
Offshore Isla Tenglo, reached by inexpensive launches from the docks at Angelmó, is a favorite local beach spot.