Chilean peso (CH$)
Budget: Less than CH$65,000
- Inexpensive hospedaje room/dorm bed: CH$10,000
- Budget-restaurant dinner main: CH$5000
- Three-course set lunch: CH$4000–7000
- Double room in midrange hotel or B&B: CH$50,000
- Midrange-restaurant dinner main: CH$8000
- Car rentals: start at CH$20,000 per day
Top End: More than CH$80,000
- Double room in top-end hotel: CH$80,000
- Fine-restaurant dinner main: CH$14,000
- All-day guided outdoor adventures: CH$30,000–65,000
Unlike some South American countries, bargaining is generally not the norm in Chile.
Banks with ATMs are readily available in the blocks around Plaza de Armas. There are several money-exchange shops on Balmaceda, between Cordobez and Prat.