Chilean peso (CH$)
Budget: Less than CH$65,000
- Inexpensive hospedaje room/dorm bed: CH$10,000
- Budget-restaurant dinner main: CH$5000
- Three-course set lunch: CH$4000–7000
- Double room in midrange hotel or B&B: CH$50,000
- Midrange-restaurant dinner main: CH$8000
- Car rentals: start at CH$20,000 per day
Top End: More than CH$80,000
- Double room in top-end hotel: CH$80,000
- Fine-restaurant dinner main: CH$14,000
- All-day guided outdoor adventures: CH$30,000–65,000
Unlike some South American countries, bargaining is generally not the norm in Chile.
BancoEstado Bring all the money you'll need; this is the only choice for changing money and locals report that foreign cards often have problems at the ATM.