Dangers & Annoyances
There is a high threat from terrorism, including kidnapping, and all Western governments advise against all travel to most of Chad, and against all but essential travel to the remainder. Check the situation very carefully before thinking of travelling here.
Government Travel Advice
The following government websites offer travel advisories and information on current hot spots.
- Australian Department of Foreign Affairs (www.smarttraveller.gov.au)
- British Foreign Office (www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice)
- Canadian Department of Foreign Affairs (http://travel.gc.ca/travelling/advisories)
- French Department of Foreign Affairs (www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/fr/conseils-aux-voyageurs/conseils-par-pays)
- US State Department (http://travel.state.gov)
Electricity voltage is 220V/50Hz; most plugs have two round pins.
Emergency & Important Numbers
|Chad's country code||235|
Weights & Measures
- Weights & Measures Chad uses the metric system.