When to Go
High Season (mid-Dec–mid-Apr)
- Dry season throughout most of the region.
- Higher demand for hotels; rates increase by 25% to 50%.
- Significantly more tourists in the most popular destinations.
High Season Peak (holidays)
- Includes Christmas, New Year and Easter week.
- Hotel rates may be up to double the normal rates.
- Resorts, festival towns and beaches are crowded with national vacationers.
Low Season (mid-Apr–early Dec)
- Rainy season in most of the region; hurricane season between June and November.
- Many destinations can still be enjoyed – check regional climates.
- Accommodations and resorts are better priced.